Recommend That Cebuano Kid on Google

Monday, April 22, 2013

Alone in Oslob

Last Saturday’s trip to Oslob was unplanned. It was one of those random rides I took that brought me to the southern town. 

The whole week I’ve been feeling, like, that I needed to get away from the city. Work wasn’t really boring or difficult that week but the office just felt not my place. That I needed to leave the city and have some me time.  

A quick escape, I did.

So, mid-morning yesterday; I took a ride to the bus terminal with no destination in mind. When I reached the terminal, I initially decided to go to Badian to see the re-naturalized Kawasan Falls; but then, I had to wait for an hour for the next bus to arrive. Instead, I took a bus to Oslob and reached the southern town at almost 12 noon.


So, what was I doing in Oslob? What did I do in Oslob? I was just practically staying and going around the town center, though it included a lot of walking, a few sitting, basking in the sun, hiding from the sun and enjoying the cool sea wind all by my lonesome. Plus, lunch al fresco.

I went back to the city at around 5 PM.  

You might be wondering.  I was basically in Oslob, how come I did not go and watch the whale sharks? Whale shark watching was not a part of the plan. The trip was unplanned, how come a visit to see the butandings wasn’t a part of a non-plan? It wasn’t because I didn’t want to. I do want to see the Rhincodon typus-es but not the ones in Oslob. I have my objections about how they handle the whale shark visits. Plus, it’s a bit pricey—cheapskate, much? 

No comments:

Post a Comment